How many times have you sat down to get some creative writing done and found yourself staring at a blank screen? If you're anything like me, it's been more than once! It can be tough to get started, especially if you're starting a new story or book. Thankfully, I've found a resource that can help streamline the process. That's right, I'm talking about story starts. The Story Starter is one of my favorite sites to use when I want random ideas on how to start a story, or when trying to come up with a new storyline. Simply visit the site, click "Generate Idea", and the site will come up with off-the-wall first sentences like:
- The sadistic student teacher painted a portrait in the store three days ago to wake up the President.
- The whacky waltz historian boiled a potato in the tent at dawn to pay the debt.
- The somber scout leader struggled with the checkbook in a lonely bus stop in October to find the rare stamp.
- The veteran candle maker served breakfast in the jewelry store yesterday for the architect.
- The outrageous toy designer recited a poem in a neat closet on Thursday for the FBI.