As you all know, I'm a pretty hardcore fantasy fan. I've been reading predominantly fantasy for the last few years, and have been heavy into Speculative Fiction since my teen years. But, it turns out, there are more genres out there! Who knew? Heh… During the launch of The Last Bucelarii (Book 2): Lament of the Fallen, I posted a few virtual discussion panels I had recorded with my author friends. One of them (I'm going to say my favorite) involved a debate about which genre was best. Sorry to say, things stayed friendly and polite, but I had a chance to ask some fun questions like:
- Aren't science fiction and fantasy ONLY for nerds?
- Is there any way to make romance more appealing to men?
- How is paranormal not just romance with a fantasy spin?
- Isn't horror all blood and guts?
- Isn't it "if you've read one, you've read them all" for mystery thrillers?