So in my coffee-fueled writing frenzy, I came up with a crazy new idea: put the Hunter against any and every character willing to challenge him. It doesn’t matter the genre or power set.
Our first contestant…
I, Andy Peloquin, challenge you, Kindra Sowder, to a duel to the death! But it is not we who will fight, but our characters…
In the black corner, weighing in at 180 pounds, standing a cool 6 feet tall, the Hunter of Voramis!
Tale of the Tape:
- Superhuman reflexes, strength, speed–think Captain America, but stronger
- Thousands of years of weapons training
- Body has accelerated healing factor–can survive a sword to the heart (can be killed by drowning, iron weapons, beheading, and suffocation)
- Cannot be killed by anything but iron
- Accursed dagger that heals him when he kills
- No magical abilities whatsoever
- No hesitation to kill if he perceives opponent as a threat/obstacle to his desires–classic anti-hero
In the green corner, standing at 5′ 4″, we have Mila, the 23-year old telekinetic from The Permutation Archives.
Tale of the Tape:
- Can sense energy in people with similar abilities
Two enter the ring, only one can leave alive!
How would Mila kill the Hunter? if she focuses on the atoms of an object (inanimate or living) she can cause nuclear fission inside of their bodies. This causes a chain reaction much like the atom bomb but only internally because of her telekinetic ability.
To kill Mila: The Hunter would try to overwhelm her with his inhuman speed, strength, and skill. All he has to do is pierce her skin with Soulhunger, and the dagger will consume her soul. Not even someone with considerable magical abilities can survive Soulhunger’s bite–it was created to kill demons.
Who would win?
The Hunter’s ability to move in total silence would allow him to sneak up on Mila. IF he could catch her by surprise, he could put a dagger in her or snap her neck.
However, if she senses his presence, she would be able to cause the fission-like chain reaction in his body that could blow him to bits. Not even his demonic healing abilities could resurrect him from that.
Probable Winner: Mila! (Size and skill at arms are not the only way to survive…)
Want to find out more about this telekinetic who would dare challenge the legendary assassin of Voramis to the death? Click here to read about Mila and her journey in The Permutation Archives…”
Who do YOU think would win? Did we get the match-up right? Leave a comment below and let me know…